I've always been interested in skincare, but when I hit puberty I would go into Walmart and choose the face wash that dried out my skin the most (#teenlife). I don't think drugstore skincare is bad, but sometimes it just doesn't cut it yah know? This year I realized how awful I was treating my skin and decided it was time to make a change. My skin has been looking really good lately so I thought I would make a favourite skin care of 2015 post!
- Clean & Clear deep cleaning astringent: I've been using this since I was in High School (this is the only good skin related product I used in my adolescence) This won't clear up the large/under your skin pimples, however it completely gets rid of small bumps and unevenness.
- Adapalene/Benzoyl Peroxide: As I mentioned above my skin has been a wreck this year, it was getting progressively worse with painful under the skin pimples. I was so sick and tired of being embarrassed by my skin so I finally went to my doctor and she prescribed me with this topical cream and it's done wonders for my skin. If anyone is struggling with acne I would seriously recommend this product.
- Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream: I received a sample in a Topbox fairly early this year and it's changed my life. I put this on before bed and when I wake up my skin is moisturized and healthy looking. It's a really thick formula, which is kind of annoying to sleep on (especially if you toss and turn as much as I do) but it works so I won't complain too much.
- Clinique 'take the day off' cleansing balm: This is a really new product, but it's made it on the list because it's made such an impact on my skin; with a pea sized amount of product it completely removes all of my face/eye make-up. This feels a lot like coconut oil in your hands, but it doesn't feel as greasy on your face, it's a really smooth product to use on your face.
- Clinique moisture surge: Again this is a really new product but I am so in love with it! It has a thick formula, but goes on fairly thin and gets absorbed instantly. I'm planning on doing a full review of my new Clinique skin care products after my skin has had time to adjust to them, so expect that in a month or so!